(1) (a) At all times any dog is outside the designated fenced off leash area,
the dog must be under physical control of a responsible adult by means of a leash. Dogs
off leash outside of the fenced area will be considered at large and shall be subject to a
violation of § 90.08. The leash shall be removed inside the fenced staging area. One
leash for each dog must be secured in the hand of the adult owner/handler. Leashes may
not be attached to a dog inside the fenced dog park unless separating dogs during an
(b) Dogs may run at large in the designated fenced areas in accordance
with the rules in this section.
(2) If a dog, person, or activity is annoying or provoking other dogs or people,
the responsible adult owner/handler must remove the dog from the park. Failure to do so shall be punishable by fine or prohibited return to the park. First offense, $100.00 penalty, second offense $250.00, penalty, third offense, prohibited from use of park withsame dog. Any person or dog exhibiting aggressive behavior will be prohibited from using the park.
(3) Adult owners/handlers must immediately remove their dog’s defecation
and place in the appropriate trash receptacle.
(4) Dogs are the only animals permitted in the fenced areas. Only dogs under
25 pounds are permitted in the small dog area.
(5) Adult owners/handlers must remain in the fenced area with their dog(s)
and must maintain constant attention to their dog’s behavior. Dogs must be closely supervised and within immediate sight and voice control of their handler at all times.
(6) A maximum of three dogs per responsible adult owner/handlers is allowed. When circumstances dictate, the animal control officer may limit the number of dogs for that day or permanently for a particular patron.
(7) Children must be accompanied and monitored closely by a responsibleadult. No infants, toddlers, or strollers are allowed in the dog park. No smoking, skates,skateboard, or bicycles are permitted.
(8) Dogs wearing a spiked, choke, and/or pronged collar are prohibited. Dog leashes of a maximum length of 6 feet are required and no retractable leashes are not allowe
9) All dogs must have both a current rabies tag and personalized ID tag
affixed to the collar and should be healthy and free from contagious disease and parasites.
Dogs with a skin condition will require veterinarian certification that the dog is not
contagious. Animal control officers maintain the right to exclude any dog from the park
that appears to have a health condition which would compromise the health of other dogs
in the park.
(10) Puppies under four (4) months of age are not permitted in the park for
their health and safety.
(11) Small bite sized training treats are permitted. No toys, glass receptacle,
food or alcohol is permitted at any time.
(12) Dogs in heat are prohibited.
(13) Adult owners/handlers must prevent dogs from digging or causing other
damage. Owners are required to fill holes and/or repair damage caused by their dog.
(14) All dog bites and injuries must be reported to the Animal Control Division
or BSO before leaving the park.
(15) The Dog Park is closed sunset to sunrise.
(16) Animal Control and the Broward Sheriff’s Office reserve the right to set a
time limit and a maximum capacity for use of the park. At peak times, use of the park is
limited to one-half hour for each visitor.
Violations of any of the above-listed rules shall result in a violation with penalties
§ 90.99 “Penalty,” unless otherwise noted in any section.
DOG PARK ETIQUETTE
Join us for a free 90 minute
discussion & powerpoint presetation of DOG PARK ETIQUETTE and tips to help you and your dog get the most out of our new dog park! It's fun and it's free.
The First Monday of every month
THE NEXT CLASS IS JAN 7TH,2013